CFM Continental Fan TF140-DC Tranquil Residential Multispeed Bathroom Fan, Whisper Quiet, Adjustable Airflow Rate from 90 to CFM, DC Motor, 6" Duct.
- The TF140-DC Tranquil Bathroom Fan has been awarded the ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient Mark in 2019. Products that are recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR in 2019 prevent greenhouse gas emissions by meeting rigorous energy efficiency performance levels set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- With its high efficiency DC motor, the TF140-DC Tranquil bathroom fan offers whisper-quiet exhaust that is under 1 sone. Toggle switch positioning determines the desired airflow rate, ranging from 90 to 150 cfm.
Features & Benefits:
- Recognized as the Most Efficient of ENERGY STAR® in 2019
- Multi-speed fan
- Efficient DC motor
- Whisper-quiet, under 1 sone
- Superior ventilation & efficient performance
- Clean, simple grille design
- Galvanized steel housing with mounting frame
- Easy installation to joist
- Built-in backdraft damper
- 120V, 60 Hz, single phase operation
- Automatic reset thermal overload protection
- ENERGY STAR & HVI Certified
- Fits 6” duct
- CFM TF140-DC: Brochure
- CFM TF140-DC: Dimensional Drawing
- CFM TF140-DC: Installation Instructions
How much airflow is required for bathroom ventilation?
HVI recommends ventilation rates based on 8 air changes per hour. For most bathrooms this works out to 1 cfm per square foot of area, with a minimum of 50 cfm.
- A bathroom less than 100 square feet:
- Calculate 1 cfm per square foot of floor area. A minimum of 50 cfm is the required ventilation rate.
- A bathroom larger than 100 square feet:
- To calculate the proper ventilation rate, add the cfm requirement for each fixture; toilet 50 cfm, shower 50 cfm, bathtub 50 cfm, jetted tub 100 cfm. Note: For proper sizing, the static pressure (SP) needs to be calculated.
What is HVI?
HVI, also known as the Home Ventilating Institute, is an independent non-profit organization that certifies fan performance characteristics and provides HVAC guidelines for consumers. Learn more about HVI at HVI.org.
When it comes to choosing the right duct, people often ask, “What is the best duct for bathroom ventilation?” While there isn’t necessarily one absolute right choice, many times the best option is the flexible insulated duct.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.